Another week, another 7 things moved 2.54cm each:
- Met with Gail Clark, Kristin, Erin, Nic and Deeksha to talk about if/how our field work in Iceland could be the basis for a Wilderness Program. Initially this looks good to us.
- Worked with G, K, E, N and D to assemble a proposal to the GLI’s development fund to cover C and G’s travel costs this coming summer. This would mean 7 of us in-country rather than 6.
- Ordered some bits for the soil and ambiance platforms.
- Worked with Tara on the science protocol design, (physical) interface design, and data protocol design for the soil platform. The data protocol design and by extension probably the other platforms too).
- Started to incorporate Oli’s replies and develop our next set of questions.
- Downloaded and installed Nic’s signed Android APK on my Nexus7! (Is this process documented? Do we have developer’s notes with the directories, release process, etc. described?)
- Learned how little I know about detecting Arctic fox dens.
This coming week we’ll see if roughly the same 7 things can move another inch or so:
- Finish next email to Oli.
- Work with Deeksha on data model and current data sets.
- Next steps for the Wilderness Program idea.
- Develop initial materials for Institutional Advancement to use with potential donors; meet with SallyS and AvisS.
- Work with Eamon on the visualization interface.
- Work with Erin and Eamon on the wifi link for Skalanes.
- Work on Field Day <-> Bluetooth <-> Platform interface.